Pages

Search

Monday 11 November 2013

Felt different seeing my name on top of a club: Sachin Tendulkar at MCA felicitation


Felt different seeing my name on top of a club: Sachin Tendulkar at MCA felicitation

Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013, 10:31 IST | Agency: ANI


 
The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) on Monday formally renamed the Kandivili ground as the Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana Club.
“ When I walked in, I felt different to read my name at the top of the club, not used to it. I felt very humbled. My association with Mumbai cricket started nearly 30 years ago. It has been a fantastic journey,” batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar said here today at the felicitation ceremony.
“I have to thank MCA for making facilities available to me at any hour. To retain sporting culture among the youth is very important. I appreciate not just this evening, but for the last 24 years,” he added.
MCA president Sharad Pawar said that Sachin is a perfect ambassador for the game of cricket in India.
“Sachin is a product of the Mumbai Cricket Association. Mumbai holds a unique place in Indian cricket, having won the Ranji Trophy on 40 occasions. He is a perfect role model. We will all miss the ‘Sachin, Sachin’ chants when he walks out to bat,” he said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said: “We all rejoice at his success, stability, his hardwork, his discipline. Sachin has won the hearts of millions of ordinary Indians for over 24 years.
Players from both Indian and West Indian teams were present at the felicitation ceremony today.
Tendulkar had a great exit in terms of his IPL career for Mumbai Indians after being given an emotional send-off by his teammates, following their win in the Champions League.
He will officially retire from all forms of cricket following his ‘much awaited’ last Test match in his home stadium of Mumbai on November 14 against the West Indies, which is going to be his 200th Test.


Comment Here

Click This Banner if you want ELLI Back Fast Voting started.